Re: Status of mirror split and AMD64

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:55:12AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> There have also been ongoing discussions about optimizing
> apt-ftparchive, but I am not sure whether this is part of the solution
> as well.  Maybe aj can comment on that.

apt-ftparchive is causing a bit too much load for any significant increase
in architectures (or suites, or frequency of archive pulses), Kurt Roeckx
(Q_) has made some patches which should solve that problem with a little
more work; we're testing it now.

Joey Hess wrote:
> So is there something else that needs to be done, on ftp-master or the
> like?

Yes; one of the specific requirements is that ftp.d.o will /not/ be a
full mirror, in order to make it trivially easy for people to mirror
Debian usefully without filling up their disk.

Sorry to be a bit terse and undetailed, but I should have a fair bit
more to say over the next week and a half or so.

Cheers,
aj