Re: Use of tokens for access to Debian resources?

On Saturday 11 November 2006 06:54, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I'm inclined to agree with Russell Coker[1], in that Debian should use
> something like RSA tokens to control access to Debian resources.

Please not.

Why?  Not because they ain't secure (I do believe that they are quite a good
idea from a security pov), but because of the way these tokens start to
accumulate - and because of the work put on the DAM (or a new role as DAM
helper): with 1000 developers, I'd say that a new token would have to be
sent out about once per week because somebody has lost his token etc.

-- vbi

Einen Raucher zu küssen muß so ähnlich schmecken, wie an einem
Aschenbecher zu lecken.