snapshot.d.net mirror (Re: Branding for Debian derivatives)

* Anthony Towns <leader@debian.org> [2006-07-29 16:59]:
> That would require us to maintain an essentially permanent archive
> for source packages, which at the moment we don't. But doing so
> would be useful for us too, no?

By the way, can you please authorize funds to buy (or find a sponsor
for) some hard drives for a snapshot.d.net mirror and look for someone
who wants to run one.  It's an incredibly useful service and I'd hate
to see us lose this data.  [In fact, some data has already been lost
since the idea of a mirror came up :(]
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/