Re: cool stuff at EDOS - collaboration ideas

On Saturday 08 July 2006 12:20, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> Also, they had some engine for package comparison and search (where the
> weather was one of the side spin-offs from it). This could help us to
> ask more question about package aspects, and they are waiting for inputs
> from us to have questions more in the way we like. The interface is at:
> http://brion.inria.fr/anla/ (and there is a more detailed CLI - but that
> currently generates a bit of load, and of course all of that is still
> alpha state). An extended package search is on
> http://ara.edos-project.org/

I guess you are pointing to CLI and GUI ara packages already in Debian. Could
you please file suggestions and wishlists wrt ara packages to BTS to stay
there as a reminder for further references ? We have some ideas for
improvements like automatic use of heap compaction when used in interactive
mode, but seems that Berke (the original author of ara) is currently busy
with more important things to do, so I can try to give it a go at some point.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB