Re: Minutes of an Ubuntu-Debian discussion that happened at Debconf

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 12:17:45PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > 1. Fix scott's patch repository: Ubuntu needs to keep a copy of the
> > original Debian source package used to create their packages so that
> > Ubuntu can always generate a useful patch without relying on
> > snapshot.debian.net (which is unreliable and is not officially supported
> > by the Debian project). Scott announced the "breakage" on debian-devel but
> > it hasn't been fixed yet:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/02/msg00798.html
> The repository has moved to http://patches.ubuntu.com and Matt Zimmerman
> told me it should be fixed. Scott, can you officially confirm this? I
> would suggest a follow-up to your initial mail on debian-devel...

It looks a lot more sane now but previously patches were split out into
packaging differences, upstream differences, and branding differences
(where possible).

This was a lot more useful than the current situation which seems to
just have one large diff again.  Not to say that making this large diff
available /isn't/ useful just that if the old code could be resurrected
to split it out further more people might take it on.

--
 ,--huggie-at-earth-dot-li--------stuff-thing-stuff----------DF5CE2B4--.
_|              "Cerulean is a gentle breeze..." - Pusher              |_