Re: Minutes of an Ubuntu-Debian discussion that happened at Debconf

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, MJ Ray wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
> > 4. Debian should provide patches of changes between two revisions of a
> > package to make it easier for derivatives to track Debian. [...]
>
> Is this an automated debdiff or what?

It's the idea, yes. Except that for new upstream version it needs to be a
bit clever to provide only changes to the packaging and not upstream
change.

> > 10. Maybe we should modify the process to become MOTU to add an explicit
> > step where the MOTU has to acknowledge the Ubuntu-Debian relationship [...]
>
> WTF is a MOTU?  It's not in FOLDOC or VERA and wasn't explained in
> that mail.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU

MOTU are the Ubuntu developers working on their universe component (and
"Ubuntu core developers" can work on everything).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog