- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: irc.debian.org
- From: Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT>
- Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:48:56 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20060430183447.GN28159@einval.com> <email@example.com> <44551A2C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4455340F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20060501084617.GY9416@country.grep.be>
>> >>> I agree with Steve. While I agree that freenode has many flaws (the
>> >>> biggest being NOIDPRIVMSG), I find that while I am in Debian channels on
>> >> Exactly, why is an optional feature such a big flaw?
>> >Because it's the default and practically no one changes it. This is a
>> Maybe because actually it's not such a big deal? :-)
>More likely, because it's hardly documented that this is the default and
>because not many people know how to switch it off.
Hardly documented? It's clearly explained in the FAQ page on the web
site, and a link to this is in the message received by blocked users.
It does not appear to be hidden to me. Do you have any suggestions to