Re: Reforming the NM process

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:
> Le Mar 11 Avril 2006 18:40, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt a écrit :
>> I'd like to implement the proposals I made in (2.1) and (2.2) as fast
>> as possible, especially applying the rules in (2.2) to people already
>> in the queue waiting for an AM.
> I agree both points are a good thing, and should be implemented. Those
> two ideas (asking for more advocates, asking the applicants to show
> their work) have been proposed many times in the past, and will be
> efficient, since it will reduce incoming appliances.

Yeah, that's the general idea.

> For 2.2, I'd recommend that NM's maintain a page about them on
> wiki.d.org (my current applicant did that, and I found that rather
> useful). In a glance you can see applicants that are not comited
> enough.

Well, the idea has been proposed some times now. It has its advantages,
but there are still some problems - updating a page on wiki.d.o takes
time [1], so they tend to become outdated. I also see a problem with the
fact that applicants are supposed to write those pages about their work
themselves, as some people will get the idea that exaggerating could
speed up their application.

[1]  Especially people like me, who aren't able to remember stuff like
BOFH #109:
The electricity substation in the car park blew up.