Re: Reforming the NM process

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 02:09 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 06:59:44PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > For 2.2, I'd recommend that NM's maintain a page about them on
> > wiki.d.org (my current applicant did that, and I found that rather
> > useful). In a glance you can see applicants that are not comited
> > enough.
>
> Probably it's a good idea to maintain wiki.debian.org/YourName anyway,
> whether you're a DD, a DM, an NM or a prospective NM.
>
> But I guess it makes most sense for prospective NMs - document your
> contributions to Debian there (maybe with some small paragraph about
> your motivation) and Front Desk (and later your AM) will have it much
> easier to match an AM and/or check your contributions.

I would strongly suggest, allowing to restrict access to such a site to
DDs. This is because not everyone feels comfortable having personal
information (like your specific view on free software) world-accessable.
Debian developers need to know, since you are about to become part of
their community, but no one else needs to know more than is exposed by
your membership in the Debian community anyways.

Best regards
Ben

--
Please do not send any email to ben-ml@gmx.net -- all email not