Re: Reforming the NM process

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> 1) Someone who maintains a certain number of packages, but they are
> all sponsored by the same person.  This person might be doing a lot of
> work, and be knowledgeable about Debian without interacting actively
> with anyone else apart from his/her sponsor...
>
> 2) Someone who does not have a fixed sponsor, but sends mails to
> -mentors asking for uploads whenever they need one.  This person's
> work won't be appreciated by all of his/her sponsors, because they'd
> only see one of those packages, and not all the work done... (In this
> case, it's even difficult to get an advocate at all)
>
> Maybe we could ask for a more comprehensive advocation, that includes
> what contributions the applicant has made, and why would he/she be
> worthy of Debian.
>
> I don't think that increasing the number of advocates would be the solution.

Given that advocating someone should then happen after he has done many
contributions, I don't think it's a real problem.

Someone could prepare his wiki page listing all the contributions and ask
for advocates on -mentors (or even -newmaint), and I'm sure he will find 2
advocates quite easily.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog