Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On 2006/04/05, at 20:02, Frans Pop wrote:

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 11:44, JC Helary wrote:
There is a huge confusion between being a developer and having
technical rights, and being a developer and having political rights.

I seriously do wonder why translators, if they really want to get the
developer status, don't get together and just apply for NM. That would
force the project to develop a strategy to deal with it (if there really
is something that needs to be dealt with).

I am not sure what point you are trying to make ?

Could you make a short summary ?

About the specific item you mention above (develop a strategy to "deal" with translators), I think that is _specifically_ what non package maintaining contributors want: to be "dealt" with.

As for the buzz before election times, well, that's what election times are for: create buzz. I don't see any problem with that.

Jean-Christophe Helary