Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:27:05AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au>
> > I don't understand why this election is restricted to Debian
> > Developers. What about all the other people who regularly contribute
> > time and effort to the Debian project?

> This is a known bug, I think, but I don't remember any of this
> year's candidates pledging to solve it.

Er.  "Known bugs" are a subset of those things which are "bugs"; I don't see
many people who actually think it's a bug that only full members of the
project are allowed to vote.  (Most developers seem to agree that there are
bugs in our process for integrating new members into the project, but that's
not the same as saying that non-DDs should be allowed to vote -- voting
rights are one of the few privileges that are reserved only for developers,
and arguably the most important.)