Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:27:05AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au>
> > I don't understand why this election is restricted to Debian
> > Developers. What about all the other people who regularly contribute
> > time and effort to the Debian project?
>
> This is a known bug, I think, but I don't remember any of this
> year's candidates pledging to solve it. There seems few votes
> in fixing this bug, as most possible solutions dilute the
> influence of the current electorate. I suspect only anarchists
> and democrats like myself would support it.
>
> Apologies,
> --
> MJR/slef
> Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/
people who help with translation, people who evangalize debian, people
who sell debian branded merchandise, people who have debian-related user
groups, etc. And last but not least, those who have their uploads
sponsored by a Debian Developers. And then the 'official' members with
@debian.org email addresses. Those require a very high level of
technical skill and limit the participation to those who vote, as I
skimmed from recent -devel posts, there is not a high turnout for many
votes (from what I have read). Others have suggested that there could be
a tiered system of membership in debian, from more techical to less. I
like that idea. I think people in the various stata should be allow to
vote on issues that affect them.
Cheers,
Kev