Re: Setting up i18n.debian.org?

Le Mar 28 Mars 2006 17:05, Margarita Manterola a écrit :

> > > replacement.  If we set up something like this as a central place
> > > for translations, it might be very useful for people who wish to
> > > contribute to the i18n of Debian.  What do you think?
> > > I was also informed of pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/)
> > > which is
> >
> > another free option.
>
> I've been looking at pootle, and I think it's really promising.  It
> needs a bit of adapting in order to fulfill Debian's particular need,
> but I think it is a very good candidate to start working from.
>
> I think it would be great if Debian had this "service", since it
> would allow a _LOT_ of people who want to help Debian but lack the
> skills to participate and actually _help_.

still, looking at pootle shows that it quite looks like a monster,
needing a completely insane quantity of memory for what it supposed to
do. And every live install I've tested is slow as hell (I just don't
know if the machines are undersized, or if it's just too big).

so it's not as miraculous as I first tought :/
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit