Re: Non-DDs as official Debian package maintainers

Hi Jonas,

Jonas Smedegaard schrieb:
>>>I wholeheartedly want help also from non-DDs, I just see a problem
>>>relying on someone that we by definition do not (yet) trust.

I am the maintainer (non-DD) of LDAP Account Manager and I am the
upstream author, too. If you do not trust me, who then?

I decided to not go through the new maintainer process to get my package
into Debian. The reason is that I think beeing a Debian developer is
much more than just uploading packages for a single project. It is a big
responsibility and needs a lot of time and work.
I might decide to become a Debian developer later but currently my time
is very limited.

But I can understand your opinion when you are talking about maintainers
who are no upstream authors. There is no reason why they should not
become Debian developers.

Greetings,
Roland