Re: Delegation for trademark negotiatons with the DCCA

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 02:04:33PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > My understanding is it's necessary to rigorously enforce your
> > trademark to ensure it doesn't lapse. This doesn't seem to be what's
> > happening here.
> The few dozen e-mails that I have sent between myself and the
> representatives of the DCCA are reasonable evidence of Debian's desire
> to protect the Debian mark.

Do you have legal advice on that? I would have expected the reasonableness
of the evidence to be judged on whether it has any impact on the market
place, which private emails certainly don't. I wouldn't think mails on
this list would either, for that matter.

In particular, I'd suspect "not inflaming the situation further" would be
evidence that we're not interested in rigorously protecting our trademark.

Cheers,
aj