Re: licence for wiki material (or lack thereof): a desperate plea

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 12:52:41PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:39:19 +0100 Jon Dowland <jon@dowland.name>
> wrote:
>
> > I am happy to work on how to do this with moin moin but I need to
> > know that others agree this is necessary.
>
> ...and I'd be happy to work with upstream to incorporate such
> improvement.
>
> But perhaps it is already there - are you aware of the config options
> config_license_enabled and config_license_page ?

Hi - thank you for your support. I have written up the situation at
<http://wiki.debian.org/WikiLicencingTerms>. I am basically awaiting a
response from someone in a position to either go ahead with the
suggestion or tell me where to stick it :)

Regarding the *_licence_* options: I was not aware, thank you. I did
some investigation and I believe the terms are actually
page_licence_enabled and page_licence_page. However, I have not managed
to get these to work myself (although I am no MoinMoin expert). Have you
any experience using these options yourself? (I found some discussion
about the arch wiki having similar licencing thoughts, although they do
not appear to have these variables active either).

[With apologies for any duplication.. I am currently facing mail problems.]

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/