Re: Debian UK

Scripsit Rich Walker <rw@shadow.org.uk>

> Actually, depending on what parts of UK law the organisation ended up
> falling under (and without a clear constitution &c this will probably
> *not* be what you expect it to be) the membership might be jointly and
> severally liable for the actions of the organisation.

Do you mean that under UK law I could unilaterally set up an
organization with bylaws that declare that the membership consists of
you, and then go on to create debt that you will be legally liable
for?

I know that UK law is crazy in some respects, but I cannot believe it
is *that* crazy.

--
Henning Makholm            "But I am a Sunni Muslim," the bemused Arab said.