Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 05:18:50PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> In any case, I think the major lesson from "Trusted Debian" and from
> the URL above is the part about "you should ask us _first_".  Debian
> is usually pretty unforgiving to people who use the "ask for
> forgiveness than to ask for permission" approach.

Recently Debian seems to have grown a very large set of toes that
is impossible _not_ step onto. Why all that nitpicking? I fail to
see how our social contract allows us to be that arrogant. With the
increase of Debian's release times and without commercial support
(meaning Ubuntu and/or DCC, whatever its name will be) Debian will
be gone before long. At least in that 'enterprise' environment I used
to use Debian in. Please try to recognize such efforts as help for
Debian (buzzword for this would be 'leverage') not offense.

Thanks for coming back down to earth,
  Jörg

  I am just a mediocre DD who does not understand that permanent
  fighting against everything and everyone. It's getting on my nerves
  and experience shows that this very discussion will at least last for
  two years whereafter some people might eventually find that the last
  stable release was in 2005.

--
Joerg "joergland" Wendland  |  http://www.wendlandnet.de/joerg/
GPG: 51CF8417 FP: 79C0 7671 AFC7 315E 657A  F318 57A3 7FBD 51CF 8417