how to request a DNS update

For more than a month now I have been asking debian-admins for an update
of the ftp2.it.debian.org CNAME. The change is not controversial in
itself (the host has been down for a few months due to hardware
failures, so I had the alias switched to a different mirror) and is
approved by Joy.

The problem is that in this time I have received no answer, and the
requested update has not been performed.
I'd be grateful if somebody could explain me if there is something wrong
with my approach.

--
ciao,
Marco