Re: The source of FSF policy

> Several of you work closely with GNU people.  A question
> for you.  Is the FSF a body like the IETF, W3C or Debian
> in which stakeholders make reasonably collaborative
> policy decisions together?
No.

> Or is "FSF policy" more or
> less another name for "the views of Richard M.
> Stallman"?
Close.  I think the FSF's legal counsel and maybe one or two other people have
some influence.  (Theoretically, as a not-for-profit foundation, the board
should run things, but the board appears to defer to Stallman on everything.)
They went through a "comment period" for the GFDL, and then ignored all the
comments, so it's clearly not an open process.

The GFDL seems relatively unpopular among GNU project programmers.  Many are
fairly apathetic though.