Re: Small teams and other platform positions...

I believe Ean is not arguing about what is the most effective way. He
runs his own s/w development company and he knows the value of face to
face meetings.

The point is, we as Debian team, should not depend on physical meetings
as a way to conduct business. If we do, then we are essentially saying
that only those developers who are rich enough (in terms of money,
time , ability ) to travel are only ones who are worthy of contributing.
It has got nothing to do with the amount of work they are putting into
Debian.

Further, we already have small teams that are responsible for particular
tasks - ftpmasters, release team, X Strike force, gcc etc. The primary
difference I see is that a few people are advocating physical meetings
as "the" way to optimize their jobs and IMHO, that is a very wrong
precedent.

Regards,
Vaidhy

PS: Hi Ean, I am back from dead for you :)

--
Vaidhyanathan Mayilrangam Gopalan <vaidhy@loonys.net>