Re: [rrichards@co.slo.ca.us: Open Letter to Debian Community]

Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org> schrieb:

> * [ 14-03-05 - 21:03 ] Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
>>  * Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> [2005-03-14 20:28]:
>>  > > One example of how debian could help debtags being integrated is a
>>  > > policy which makes the developer the responsible of tagging the packages
>>  > > (s)he maintains.
>>  >
>>  > That sounds like a good idea, actually. Make it a policy proposal?
>>
>>  That's not how policy works, but it should probably be mentioned in
>>  the Developer's Reference.  Feel free to file a wishlist bug.
>
> I filed #299927 asking to add a mention to debtags.
> Feel free to add any information you find useful.

Bugs against developers-references get addressed quite soon if there's a
patch.  You just need debiandoc-sgml (and maybe debiandoc-sgml-doc) and
a copy of

http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/developers-reference/developers-reference.sgml?cvsroot=debian-doc

oh, yes, and

http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/developers-reference/common.ent?cvsroot=debian-doc

and this file (generated from the Makefile) as version.ent:

,---- version.ent
| <!ENTITY version "3.3.6">
| <!ENTITY date-en "24 January, 2005">
| <!ENTITY date-fr "24 January 2005">
| <!ENTITY date-ja "01/24/05">
`----

I think it would fit into the "Best Packaging Practices" chapter, maybe
after the internationalization section.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster