Re: IRC debate feedback

Helen, Martin - thanks for your effort.

I found the first hour basically wasted time - the strength of IRC is that
it's real-time, while the form of the first hour of debate did not really
use that, instead showing the weaknesses of IRC when text needs to be
copied & pasted around :-)  The 'Questions for the Candidates' emails on
-vote, together with a summary like <http://debian.edv-bus.at/vote-2005/>
(thanks to David for doing this!) is much better suited for this.

In contrast, I very much appreciated the second part of the discussion - it
was, as several of the participants said, a bit chaotic, but I think both
of you started to try to lead the debate a bit more towards the end -
successfully, in my view.

I haven't looked at any earlier IRC DPL candidate debates, so I can't
compare if this was better or worse.

So long
-- vbi

--