Social pressure on mailing lists (Was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

Norbert Tretkowski <tretkowski@inittab.de> wrote:
> * Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
>> Your wording is not on a level I would expect from a DD.
>
> And especially not on a level I would expect from someone who runs for
> DPL.

Ok. It's probably the case that I went too far there, and I do apologise
for that. However, I /do/ think we need to be more willing to apply
social pressure against people whose sole contribution to mailing lists
is to disrupt them. The status-quo is plainly not desperately helpful,
and I'm not a fan of using technical or policy measures as anything
other than an absolutely final resort.

(m-f-t -project - this isn't a technical discussion)
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org