64 bit PowerPC porting machine available

The University of Augsburg and IBM have provided some of our
developers with access to three POWER based machines (OpenPower 720
[1]) to help with Debian's port to 64 bit PowerPC.  We have also been
given a G5 on loan which can be used for debian-installer, glibc and
other work.  The G5 is currently with Jeff Bailey.

A selected number of (powerpc, d-i, glibc, gcc) developers have gained
access to the POWER systems already.  Bastian Blank announced some
success with powerpc64 support for glibc today [2].  If you are
interested in working on the powerpc64, please contact me and I'll see
if I can arrange an account for you.  There'll probably be more
general access in the future.

[1] http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/openpower/hardware/720.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2005/03/msg00088.html
--