Re: Release team meeting in Vancouver, CA (4-6 Mar 2005)

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 02:26:47PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

Hi!

> Andreas Schuldei has helpfully secured sponsorship from NUUGF to bring
> the release team together with several ftpmasters, buildd maintainers,
> and a few other stakeholders in the release process for a physical
> meeting to work out whatever needs to be worked out to get sarge out the
> door, and to begin preparations for a timely release of etch.  The
> preparations have been made without much fanfare, but it's not being
> kept a secret if you happen to be hanging around the right IRC haunts;
> we're just heavily focused on the logistics of the gathering just yet,
> so telling the rest of the project about it has been a lower priority.

This is great! :)

I also encourage the adoption of the same method that is used for electing the
pope.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope#Election)

In practice the cardinals get segregated in a room and cannot leave it till they
choose a new pope... In debian's case that could be "till they have a new
working release strategy agreed by all" or, more challenging, "till they
release". ;)

Ok, maybe it's time to stop joking and to go back to work! ;)

Guido