Re: Roles and responsibilities of the FTPmaster team.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 12:12:13PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Helen Faulkner wrote:
> > Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > >Last year, the DPL asked me to look into writing descriptions of what
> > >various teams in Debian were responsible for, and what their day to day
> > >activity involved. I performed some interviews at the time, and then
> > >promptly failed to get around to writing them up. The current discussion
> > >has prompted me to finish off the writeup of the ftpmaster document, and
> > >I intend to produce some more in the near future.
> > >
> > >The roles and responsibilities of the ftpmaster team
> > >----------------------------------------------------
> > [...]
> >
> > Thanks for writing that down Matthew.
> >
> > As a relative newcomer to Debian it is great to see a more detailed
> > description of what the ftpmasters do than I have previously come
> > across.  It also answers a couple of questions I had about the NEW
> > queue, which is helpful :)
> >
> > Will that document be put on the web anywhere?  It would be good to know
> > where to refer people who are asking about this stuff in the future.
>
> That was my thought as well.  I wonder if it would be useful to add
> such descriptions (especially if Matthew will continue with these)
> would be good to be placed on www.debian.org/devel/ somewhere under
> "Teams" or something?

Please!

Matthew, by the way: I don't know that I could do justice to the clarity of
your writing, but if there's something useful to be done that would help
you get more of these out, let me know, OK?
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :