Re: Bits from the DAMs

also sprach Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> [2005.02.14.1351 +0100]:
> I don't understand what's keeping apt 0.6 from being distributed with
> sarge (modulo a new run of non-automated regression tests, of course).

It's "too radical a switch" this *close* to the release.

> The key management issue could be side-stepped by switching from
> a year-based signing key to a release signing key.  I suspect
> there's some kind of non-technical obstacle most DDs don't know
> about (wouldn't be the first).

key management still requires some sort of professionalism. Just
creating a key and signing it isn't the entire game; users need
multiple ways to verify the key until the trust level meets their
requirements. Right now, one single method exists, and its weak.

`. `'`