Re: Bits from the DAMs

* Bruno Barrera C. (bruno@debian.org) [050212 14:25]:
> On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 13:55 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Do you realy think it is difficult to get a second signature onto your
> > gpg key? Go to one key-signing party and you get 10 even on a small
> > one.
> >
> > It might be difficult to get a DD signature for geographical reasons
> > but any signature is pretty simple. And, given how tight the web of
> > trust is, a random signature is probably no more than 2-4 hops away
> > from a DD.

> Probably for Europe or USA, but no for South America.
>
> If the event which was made here in Chile hadn't invited Martin and
> Gunnar, I'd probably still stay in the NM queue.

Well, we're speaking about the general rule here, not about the
exceptions. But we're sometimes facing the problem that a applicant in
e.g. Munich (where 10 DDs or so live) has only one signature at all on
his key. That should really not happen. That there _are_ exceptions
(even to the "needs at least one DD signature at all"-rule) is something
else, but I think a general mail should emphasis the general rules, not
the exceptions (and of course, we all should try that we get more DDs in
the parts of the world where we just have very few :).

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/