Re: New Front Desk members

[Anthony Towns]
> Is there any reason why grammar, porn and spam debates are attracting
> so much traffic?

I rather suspect one factor is increasing one's visibility in the
Project, without having to work on and think about technical issues.
(This sort of thing has been noted before, with the "send Linus
spelling fixes in kernel variables and comments" effect.)  That seems
like a silly goal, I know ... but even so, I wouldn't be at all
surprised if, when you correlate hot-babe verbiage with measurable,
useful Debian work, there'd be a rough inverse relationship.

There are no doubt some people who do have better things to do but
choose to ramble about Sexy Losers anyway - I can't explain *them*, but
I suspect they're in the minority.