Re: debai app

Grazie Enrico!

To the "funny guys"!
I am determined to learn Debian, and one day I'll go
off, into the mountains, dig me some ore, and build me
a Debian from scratch! (As they, no doubt, could!
HA!).

Seriously--some years ago I got fed up with MS Windows
and since I heard about the free Linux, I went and
bought me the first one on the shelf--a Debian. On the
box it promissed that it would be the last OS I would
ever buy, since I could update any time there was a
new version, etc., etc.. Nowhere it said I had to
become a techie. I stuck to Debian (with minor
side-trips to Mandrake and such), learned a bit over
the years--just a bit, since I don't get to use the
computer all that often--, but still have not become a
techie, which definitely is not a plus, as Debian is
being built by the techies for the techies.

And I still think that an online diagnostic tool would
be a great thing to have, even for the techies who,
without a doubt, could build Debian from scratch. What
with configuring sound, updating the new versions of
kernel, and such. And such a tool could be, at the
same time, while diagnosticking, made such a way that
it would explain all the issues involved without
having to be an AI.

What profit is there in making the life of non-techies
not easier? Consider how handicapped we are already!

What the guys before Enrico were refering to was
perhaps my dream project (a link from "Creating Peace"
at www.modelearth.org/peace.html), actually a project
made for Debian experts who could help with
"distributed computing"--www.modelearth.org--please
read, and give an intelligent feedback/critique
(difficult?, how difficult to hook up all the
computers?, is it being done already somewhere?,
etc.).

name=signature.asc

=====
If we,the people, were sincere about wanting Peace, then we would spend more on active creation of Peace than what we spend on the military.Legalize the Right to Sleep! http://www.modelearth.org/sleepright.htmlhttp://www.MODELEARTH.org