Re: handling Mozilla with kid gloves [was: GUADEC report]

Mark Brown > > For what it's worth I'd noticed that the summaries had vanished -
Francesco Poli > So did I.

Thanks for that and the comments off-list. What would the period
summaries have done to help you with the Eclipse thread? Or did you
mean the long licence summaries? What would they have done? Personally,
I've been ignoring that thread because it's very large, I dislike Java
and it didn't seem to be heading towards consensus yet.

I have less time now, so I changed from period summaries, which are
interesting statistics to me but not much practical use, to making notes
that help me with a real problem: how do I answer when asked whether
I think some software is free software?

Do the long licence summaries do much besides fuelling the project
red-top's debian-legal hate campaign? As soon as someone starts drafting
one, it runs reports about -legal "ruling" on a licence. Successes are
rarely reported, as good news is not news. Really, you're better off
reading planetdebian if you want to know what's going on.