Re: Why isn't queue/new world-readable?

Florian Weimer writes:
> As an U.S. citizen, you still need an export license before you can send
> them the prospective package.

Send what to who?  Does ftp administration necessarily involve downloading
source packages to the admin's home location?  If so, that part of handling
crypto can be left to US residents.

Again, the possibility that non-US-resident ftp-admins might have an
opportunity to download crypto packages to sites outside the US before they
are properly processed doesn't matter as long as they do not actually do
so.

BTW as I understand it no "license" is needed.  Notice is the requirement.
--
John Hasler