Re: Debian UK

* Henning Makholm (henning@makholm.net) wrote:
> Scripsit MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop>
>
> > Well, there's a BIG similarity:
> > * both took the debian name for business use without consent;
>
> You are pretty much the only one who asserts that Debian UK has
> anything at all to do with "business". Despite being asked for
> clarification several times, you have spectacularly failed to
> document, or even argue for, this assertion.
>
> The rest of us conclude that your assertion is simply false, and that
> you somehow has a personal axe to grind which has no grounding in
> reality.

I'd have to disagree with this.  It's certainly commercial in what it
does and that's been frowned upon by DDs for Debian/SPI in the US.
Also, just because there aren't more people saying it looks like a
business doesn't mean it isn't one.

Also, who exactly is 'the rest of us'?  It certainly doesn't include me
and I'd claim that it doesn't include anyone but you.  If there are
people who specifically agree with you then let them speak for
themselves.

	Thanks,

		Stephen