Re: Status update from Create Commons workgroup?

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> What is the current status of the work going on to try to make some of
> the Creative Commons licenses acceptable according to the Debian free
> software guidelines?  I know there were a workgroup being formed in
> March, and I hope they are doing good work.
>
> I spoke with Lawrence Lessig yesterday, asking him for updates and if
> he believed it would be possible to get the licenses acceptable by
> Debian.  He said he had not heard news on the topic for half a year,
> and that he was waiting for feedback from Debian.  He said that the
> suggested changes had been accepted except two suggestions, which he
> claimed did not have the effect intended.
>
> So, what is the experience on Debians part?  Are we getting closer to
> a solution?
I don't know, but I wish I did.

If we knew which of the two suggestions "did not have the effect
intended" (and why), we could come up with plenty of alternate suggestions.
In addition, a few of our suggestions were of the "this is way too confusing
to read" variety rather than the "this is non-free" variety, and if they
didn't take those, that's just fine.

--
ksig --random|