Re: installed Debian and have no gui

Hello,
I *guess* you did not selected "desktop" as pre-configuration during the
installation.
Server pre-configurations do not use GUI.
But you do not have to reinstall. Simply use apt-get to install gui.
For example, you could try (as root)
apt-get update
apt-get install gnome
(or kde or another gui.)
or you could try
apt-get update
apt-get install tasksel
tasksel
  follow instructions to select desktop.
Please, post your questions to one of the more suitable lists at
http://lists.debian.org/users.html
it is much more likely to have faster and better answers for user
technical doubts.
Regards.
Andre Felipe