Re: Debian Project to get US$6000 from Linuxfund

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Ralph Katz wrote:

Newsforge reports Debian Project to get US$6000 from Linuxfund:

http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/07/22/1553240&from=rss

LinuxFund names new director, schedules payouts
Friday July 22, 2005 (07:00 PM GMT)

Debian leaders did not respond to requests for comment [...]

From http://www.linuxfund.org/

How much are you funding?
We are funding the first three projects for $500 per month for one year- this is $6000 per project.

Is there a reason for not commenting and not mentioning this?  Sounds
like good news!

It is and we should comment on it. As no one seems to be on it, here's a first attempt at a short press release:

DEBIAN PROJECT RECEIVES $6000 FROM LINUX FUND

The Debian Project was pleased to learn it is one of only three Free Software organizations that will receive $6000 from linuxfund.org.
[Insert details]

Said [Insert cabal member], "The money awarded by Linuxfund is made up of many small donations from the grassroots Linux community. We see their decision to choose us as a validation of the Debian Projects uncompromising focus on service to our users and the Free Software community. Donations like this help ensure we can continue that service for a long, long time."

[Insert information on Debian and donating to it.]

Discuss.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>