Re: A new banner for Sarge

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 05:01:56PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2005-07-15 16:28:10, schrieb René van Bevern:
> > On 15.07.05, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> >
> > Hi Michelle,
> >
> > > To accept aptitude fully, it should suppoert the
> > > "--purge" option of apt-get because I do not like
> > > tonns of old configs laying around...
> >
> > It does. As "aptitude help" might have shown you, there is "aptitude
> > purge package-name".
>
> But no config option like
>
>   __( '/etc/apt/apt.conf' )_________________________________
>  /
> <snip>
> | APT::Get::Purge "true";
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^
> | Aptitude::Delete-Unused "true";
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     This removes packages but leave configs.

In my opinion it would be a bug to purge packages when removing them
automatically, since the automatic remove might be in error.

> It should be included in the Config

For how many years have you been using Debian now? And yet you still
don't know how to report bugs and file wishlist requests?

Btw, the discussion about aptitude features and misfeatures is
completely offtopic on this list, started by you.

Greetings
Marc