Re: Branden's mail policies

also sprach Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> [2005.06.19.1153 +0200]:
> Y'all do realize that greylisting takes care of those about 9 out
> of 10 times, and the overhead to do virus scanning is minimal on
> what does keep retrying long enough to get greylisted, right?
> DULs are considered stupid, you might as well just deny mail from
> 0.0.0.0/0.

I disagree. These days, any moron and their father can set up a mail
server with proper queuing. That does not mean they can protect it
against relaying. I se *no* (read that again: NO) reason why anyone
should run a mail spool on a dial-up. It's dangerous to others. The
only reason is because they consider themselves too good to spool
via their providers. And if your argument here is that their
provider's mail spool sucks, delays or drops mail, or whatever,
well... switch your goddamn provider then.

`. `'`

"no, 'eureka' is greek for 'this bath is too hot.'"
                                                            -- dr. who