Re: Please do not send me more mail

On Sunday 15 May 2005 12:39 pm, ccastillo wrote:
> Hello,my name is cristia castillo from Chile.
>
> My english is very poor, but i try to explain the problem.
>
> My mail box is full for the list of mail that you send.
>

> If you stop that massive mail then thank's you .

  Hi, castillo.  I hope you can understand my message.

  There are two basic possibilities.  One is that you've been subscribed to
one of our mailing lists.  If this is the case, each message that you receive
will contain the following lines at the bottom:

  That says how to get off the list.  On the other hand, it is possible that a
spammer has been using debian-project as a From address when sending mail.
(in particular, there seems to be some German neo-Nazi spam that's flooding
the Internet this week and using a lot of free-software From addresses)
Unfortunately, since we aren't sending this mail, we can't do anything to
stop it.

  Daniel

--
/------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> ------------------\
|          Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.           |