Re: Please Help

On Wednesday May 11 2005 8:35 am, Mcheryldale@aol.com wrote:
> I own an IBM 486 laptop, its a 755cv. I want to install debian. i
> get eveything partioned and installed but all i come up with is the
> black logon screen. any information will be appreciated.

You installed Debian, it's working.  Log in, use su -m to get root,
then type apt-get install aptitude, wait for it to install, then type
aptitude to browse the package listing to find what you're looking
for from there.  Odds are you were probably expecting the kde and
x-window-system packages to be installed.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca