Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

Glenn Maynard wrote:
> The preamble can be removed, but not from other people's works; when
> the GPL is attached to a work, the preamble is a full-blown invariant
> section.

Can't one just license the work under trivial-not-GPL which is
the GPL's terms but no preamble? I remember that being given
as the reason the GPL refers to "the terms of this License"
rather than just "this License" but I don't remember who told me.

--
MJR/slef
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/