Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 01:23:28PM +0200, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> > only a tiny handful of them had anything beyond single-word answers, and
> > most of those are weak arguments that have been made and debunked many
> > times already.
>
> right, so we have a situation where we have good reasons for moving GFDL
> docs to non-free, but we've failed to communicate these reasons to our user
> base.

I wasn't aware that anybody had even tried. It doesn't seem particularly important.

> Given the knee-jerk reactions of our users exposed by this survey, we should
> probably do something thing to adress this.

The reaction was exactly what everybody predicted would happen. What
were you expecting from a hopelessly biased and braindamaged survey
sent to -user? The questions were formulated to permit no other result.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |