Re: DPL debate 2005: 19 March 2005, 23:00 UTC

David Moreno Garza wrote:
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 15:37 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
[...]
This year's DPL debate will take place on Saturday, 19 March 2005,
at 23:00 UTC[0]. It will last for two hours. The meeting will take
place on the Freenode IRC network[1], using two channels:

Won't there be any problems with debian-women IRC meeting right? I mean,
their meeting is also on March 19th, two hours before (21 UTC), but
still...

The Debian Women meeting is still set for the 19th at 21:00 UTC.  That
date was chosen some time before it was realised that it would be likely
to clash with the DPL debate.  I think the 2hr difference is workable,
especially because there is nobody who is an essential participant in
both meetings.

The IRC DPL debate timing was constrained by the absolute need to have
at least 8 people (the candidates, myself and Martin) together at the
same time, and the strong preference for running it at a time when the
rest of Debian might be likely to be able to come and watch.  Had it
exactly overlapped the Debian Women meeting, the Debian Women meeting
would have been rescheduled to a different date.  Among other reasons
for this, we are actively encouraging newcomers to Debian who become
involved with Debian Women to participate in wider Debian activities.
This includes things like watching the Debian election process, IRC
debate and all :)

Helen.