Re: New Front Desk members

fenton@debian wrote:
> By the same token, it should also have a second person plural,
> which it lacks [...] much like a lot of the country uses
> "y'all", or "you all" for those who don't want to sound
> Southern, for a second person plural [...]

*The* country? I've not noticed southern England using "y'all",
but I'm not from there. ;-)

I think Northampton dialect uses a second person plural which
sounds like "orlvyeh" (might be "all of you"?) for cases
when "you" is ambiguous. Like most English dialects, there's
little written work and dictionaries are hard to get. I think
developments often try to *reduce* complexity and ambiguity,
but abuse of they increases ambiguity.