plug-ins

I'm interested in Debian since a long time and I'd rather stick to the
original. What stops me from doing so and why I always end-up with other
distros - like Mepis - is the fact that installing java, flashplayer and in
video players like mplayer is a too frustrating matter for the average user.
Why cannot our life be made easier and why don't you - the real Debian makers-
preconfigure these packages in the most commonly used applications?
Best regards,
Leo Verhoeff