Re: Debian sponsoring Chinese companies?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 10:20:43PM +0100, Thomas Hood wrote:
> It seems that Debian has chosen to provide space (e.g., [0]) where a
> number of fine Chinese companies can post links to their websites.
[...]
> [0]http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?KwikiTodo

My understanding is that debian.net addresses are not officially part
of the Debian project, but rather (much like people.debian.org/~user
addresses) the responsibility of individual Debian developers.
Therefore, it is not the project, per se, which is providing these
advertising opportunities, but some individual developer (or
developers), who should probably be contacted directly.

The Debian project itself provides advertising opportunities through
its mailing lists and bug tracking system, though, so one could argue
that there is ample precedent. :)

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single