Re: Debian Bug Tracker

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 11.53, ssb2@dcs.qmul.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a university student at Queen Mary, University of London and I am
> doing some research for my dissertation. Please could you help me. I just
> wanted to know if your bug tracking system:
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
> is intended solely for the use of reporting bugs found within Debian
> packages, or can it be used by any company as a project tool, to keep
> track of bugs identified in packages that they are developing.

Hi,

The Debian Bug Tracking System (Debian BTS) software can be downloaded as
Debian package "debbugs", so anybody can install this system on his own
machine.

HOWEVER, the software in the debbugs package is, I believe, severely out of
date when compared with the software actually installed on
http://bugs.debian.org/

greetings
-- vbi

--