Re: http://forums.debian.net in beta

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2004.10.19.1757 +0200]:
> I fail to see any copyright notice on the list pages mentioning that
> there are copyrights on the messages, no by whom they are held. For
> what it's worth, this puts all traffic of the Debian mailing lists
> into the public domain.

I should clarify. I know that copyright is owned by the author by
default, at least in Europe. However, I would assume that this is
not the case worldwide. Anyway, I am not at all good with copyright
law, and I don't mean to claim so. In any case, the author of an
archived list post is not trivially determinable, which may be
a problem in certain legislations.

Thanks to Jeroen for pointing it out to me to go read Copyright 101.

`. `'`